Monday, January 3, 2011

Rally in America...

     OK. Ken Block is in Europe, Pastrana is going to Nascar and Foust has a big hit TV show. At this point none are signed up for the first Rally America event of the 2011 season. I was so happy to have some big names in the sport to make it grow here in the US. What do we do now?!?! Ford seems to be throwing some money into the ring with a Fiesta Cup series. Subura, of course, has an actual factory backed Rally America team. I think my new car will be either a Ford or Subaru, that is for sure. I will do my best to support the companies that support the sport.
     On a totally different note, I f%#*ing hate Nascar and I don't give a f#%* who knows it. I wouldn't mind so much if they wouldn't take some of the top drivers from other sports and make them do some of the most mundane, uninteresting crap on four wheels. I would watch more if there were more variables thrown in like a right turn every once in a while (more Watkins Glen type events perhaps). As is sits now. Nascar is more like poker than a motorsport. It all comes down to shit like "should I hold on to my tires now and hope someone doubles down on a crash or do I go all in on tires now"...

P.S. Thanks to Mr. Mirra for sticking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want to here what you really think!