Thursday, January 5, 2012

That All Carbon XR4Ti / Sierra you've been wondering about...


Anybody seen this car on the net yet? I'll bet a lot of you have and have wondered "Who built this magnificent Wonder Beast"? Well I finally tracked him down and got in touch with him. His name is Gene Young of Indiana. Here is what he wrote back:

I still have the car, I have not to long ago just gotten it on the track.
I took the car to the last track day at Nashville Super Speedway back in October.
The car ran good for it's first time out, the rear springs I have on the car are too stiff so the car was really loose, I spun it twice that day.
The motor is a stock 2.3 out of the XR, with the bigger intercooler and upper intake it made 287 HP to the wheels on the the stock boost level.
I still need to get a rear wing on the car, and install bigger injectors.
And then more time on the track.



Gene Young
To see even more of the project, check out his link.
Gene is also the editor of the Souther Indiana Region SCCA newsletter the "PitStop" and I gotta say. I like his angle on a lot of subjects. Check it out at
http://www.sirscca.org/newsletters/newsletters.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want to here what you really think!